1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 20, 2013 10:23 AM by Tyler.Sling RSS

Max bitrate for Ipad slingplayer?

rlp2955

Hi all, I have the PRO HD model.  Just a quick question...when I have the Slingplayer for my Ipad set to Auto, my max bitrate is 4032kbps.  When I click HQ, it doesn't show me the bitrate at all.  I have seen other posts where people are mentioning getting 6000kbps or above on the Slingplayer for Ipad.  Is that feasible?  Where would I find the bitrate in HQ mode? 

Or is this something to do with my Slingbox model?  On the browser on my laptop I get 8000kbps as a max.

• Re: Max bitrate for Ipad slingplayer?
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello rlp2955,

Thank you for using our answers forum! That's a geat question! The bit rate should always show, no matter what quality SlingPlayer is set to. If it is not showing, I would recommend uninstalling/reinstalling the application. If you do this from the iTunes account you purchased the application from, you will not have to pay for the application again. Also, you only need 1200 kbps to stream in HQ. That being said, either  way, you have more than enough  bandwidth to stream in and video quality. Below is a link that explains bit rate in more detail.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team