7 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2013 5:20 AM by pinktri RSS

no sound from slingbox.....no help from slingmedia

Burdulis

well out of the blue my slingbox stops sending sound out (locally or internet) after trying the box reset step  i called slingbox for help, an hour later i giveup on help on the phone and go to chat.  after 20 minutes of online wait i get someone who promptly tells me my warrantee has expired and they cannot help me.

*** Edited to observe Slingbox Answers Forum House Rules by Moderator. ***

• Re: no sound from slingbox.....no help from slingmedia
          keith.sling Apprentice

Hello Burdulis,

Thanks for using our answers forum! I do apologize for any inconvenience you're experiencing while trying to hear audio while using your Slingbox. The first thing I would recommend checking would be the audio cables between your cable box and Slingbox.

Here is an article from our support site which should further assist you with this issue as well:

Also, here is more information regarding our out of warranty support options:

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

Burdulis

I discovered the issue.  Apparently the PACE RNG-100 cable boxes (COMCAST SF) have a line output that is set by the volume control for the box. Secondarily, when the box recieves a reset from comcast the volume gets set to 0 from whatever volume it was at.  THis is what was causing the no volume condition on the slingbox.  So if you have a no audio condition you should check your cable box volume.  the cable box line out should not be setby the volume control but may be on some boxes

muki2013

The problem is not the cable box. I have connected the coax cable to sling box and the tv I also have other devices connected to the same coax port and the sound still does not work but is works on the TV. I'm not using Comcast. I wish there was a way to fix this maybe if i load older firmware or something I have Firmware v1.2.16 I wonder if this firmware has problems. I cant even recreate the working condition while lovering resolution.

muki2013

I think I found a workaround for the audio issue. If you use the desktop player than lower the resolution to the lowest 160-120 that will get the sound working but the video will be bad. My sound also stops after the player starts optimizing the broadcast. I think there is a problem with the way optimization works on the older models I hope now that I have figured out what the problem is the engineering team in sling will do something about it and push another version of the software even though they state that they do not support the older models any longer. This is very common issue according to hundreds of forums I had to read through until I finally figured the workaround out. Sling Engineers Please look into this!!!!!!! The problem is not my internet speed I have fast broadband.

wvtyler

I had this same problem when I used the hdmi versus the component HDMI cables. If you are using HDMI, switching it up.

pinktri

definitely a sound issue.  Sound works for a moment then turns off.  Chaning the quality to minimum allows the sound to work for a little while but then goes out again.  Please sling people fix this.  I've been using the sling box at th same location for 6 years with the same connection and all of a sudden it stops.  Strange that when I minimize the video feed, pulling up the guide while the video plays in a small corner window, the audio comes back.  FIX THIS PLEASE

pinktri

any update on this sling people?  This looks to be an optimizing thing.  After the bringing up the player on the web, the video settles and then the audio cuts out.  Audio definitely works for a few seconds then nothing.