4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2013 10:46 PM by mwhitt RSS

Slingbox PRO Error tuning Digital TV cahnnels through Ant In

mwhitt

Hi,  I was advised by onscreen message my TV services would be disrupted on 10 April, after which it would be necessary to re-tune my TVs  to receive all the channels.   Re-tuned all the TVs OK, last item to retune was Slingbox PRO.  The Slingbox scans for channels, gets to 76% then crashes with error.  Have tried full reset, but error persists.  Any ideas?

• Re: Slingbox PRO Error tuning Digital TV cahnnels through Ant In
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello mwhitt,

Thank you for using our online answers forum! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when trying to setup your coaxial tuner! Please take a look at this article below. This may help resolve the issue. Feel free to reply to this post if the issue persists.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

mwhitt

Hi Tyler,

This is does not answer my problem. I am on Winter Hill transmitter in UK and have hit the same problem as the threads below. Looks like a Slingbox firmware problem – any updates?

Hi Tyler,

Sorry your suggestion has not answered my question. I have the same problem reported on teh threads below - any firmware updates available?

Guys

Here is information as to the reason for the problem.....

quote from email I just received....

"This came down to the number of services in a particular multiplex exceeding 32. The number of services have now been reduced to below 32 but not because of the Slingbox problem but through operation requirements and this is not sustainable in the future.

Slingbox will need to update their software as this will happen again in the future and the UK DTT specification allows for up to 64 services in a multiplex.

Arqiva will take up with Slingbox as far as they can." endquote.

So, the issue is resolved in the short term, but Slingbox MUST resolve the problem in their firmware and permit it to accept up to 64 services in any multipex. As you can see from the above text, Slingboxes are not working according to the specification. Slingbox please comment!

Pleased I could help.

Bob”

BobShanghai Newbie

I don't think Sling ever fixed this.

I have not been using my pro since last year due to it failing with power supply/capacitor problems. I will have a look at it when I eventually get back to UK in July.

But don't get your hopes up about Sling fixing the tuner issue, even Arqiva failed to get response, and they run the UK transmitter network!

Edit.. But it seems to me that the issue can only need a simple firmware fix and it would be resolved. If you need a device that does have a working inbuilt tuner and sling capabilities, then Echostar HDS-600RS functions fine. This requires a satellite dish (sky dish), but does not need a sky subscription as it receives the freesat channels. This is what I currently use.

Bob

mwhitt

Thanks Bob.  At least through your threads I found out what the problem was!

Fortunately it still gets Northwest tonight and other local programmes.  I'm based in Saudi Arabia and my reliance on Slingbox is much less now than it was a few years ago since I can get most stuff I want to watch through subscription VPN.

Thnaks again for your help - come on Sling - get it fixed!