1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 6, 2013 10:46 AM by StevePritchard RSS

SlingPlayer 2.4.2 - better but still has remote control lag

StevePritchard

I've just nistalled SlingPlayer from the Play Store to replace my v1.3, and although it has improved from the previous v2.x I've tried, both in terms of UI and has the useful "audio only" feature, I'm still finding that using the remote control has a lag of around 7-8 seconds, which makes it very difficult to use for forward winding through adverts.

Does anybody have a solution to this problem, or is it possibly something that the developers could take a look at in a future release?

Cheers,

Steve.

• Re: SlingPlayer 2.4.2 - better but still has remote control lag
          StevePritchard

It's probably not good form to answer your own questions, but this forum seems very quiet...

If anybody is experiencing the same lag problems, then things can be made MUCH better by forcing the picture quality to standard, rather than high quality.

I've noticed that the command from the remote is issued without much delay but you don't see the effect on-screen until 7 seconds later, as that seems to be what has been buffered. I guess high quality just uses a big buffer - not sure exactly how that can be worked around. Discarding the buffer when a command is issued would only help on some occasions, I think.