4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2013 2:04 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

NO OPTION TO SELECT GUIDE.

phuqyou2

hello again, I seem to be not getting any answers. Please help me rectify this problem.

I recently had my ipad2 slingplayer app updated, and since then there is no option to select the guide any more.

THIS IS NOT A "NO CONTENT IN GUIDE" problem, there is no way to see, select, use in any way the slingplayer guide, there's no way to select it.

Please look at pics from my iPad showing no option to select the guide. I used to have 6 options from the main HUD on the main menu before connections, now I only have five.

Can someone please, tell me what is wrong and why can't someone tell me how to fix it?

I have had one response to 3 of my postings and they asked me if I had deleted and reinstalled app, yeah, been there done that. Next????

Thanks, hopefully someone will catch this and do do some detective work.

Again, both photos show the guide option missing and only having 5 options to choose from, instead of the 6 usually there.

• Re: NO OPTION TO SELECT GUIDE.
          phuqyou2

Sorry, the main HUD only,has 4 options without the guide option.

alanrichey42 Master

What you are seeing is the display you get when the selected input is not configured with a device that supports a TV Guide, or the Slingbox is outside of the USA/Canada, where the guides are not supported.

I suggest you redo the Input Sources setup on your PC to refresh the TV lineup.

phuqyou2

I don't understand what you are speaking of. Nothing has changed in my location, California.. Or my box itself. So what is the problem? Where is the option to select the guide? Even on my computer, the guide option does not work, I've click on it and nothing happens.

Where my cursor is on the screen, I click the guide button and nothing happens, this is not some out of the country thing, please help me figure this out. I added the plug-in on chrome and there is no options in the settings either.

alanrichey42 Master

What I am saying is the symptom you are seeing is what you would normally see if the device you are viewing does not have a TV Channel lineup, i.e. a DVD player.   In fact what you are seeing is what EVERYONE who lives outside of the USA. So it is possible the memory in your Slingbox has been corrupted and the 'Channel Lineup Available' flag or the 'Country=USA' flag have been toggled to 'false'   Hence my recommendation to rerun the 'Input Sources Setup' to refresh your remote with the proper channel lineup..