5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2013 10:08 PM by skiracer123 RSS

Turn on/off cable box with Android App?

skiracer123

I am able to turn my cable box on/off with  Slingplayer for the web on my browser.

However, i can't figure out how to do it on the Android app.

Is it possible to do this on Android?

• Re: Turn on/off cable box with Android App?
          AdamJohnson Newbie

Hello skiracer123,

Thank you for reaching out to us on our Answers Forum. The power button you are looking for is available on the Slingplayer application for Android Phones. I would suggest navigating to the MISC remote control option on the Slingplayer application for Android. In there it should list all the buttons available for you device; it shoud also specifically have a Power button as well.

Here is a link about MISC and other buttons available:

Hopefully this helps!

Regards,

The Sling Media Moderation Team

skiracer123

Thanks, i actually meant the Android Tablet app, not the phone app.  Would it be the same functionality between the phone and tablet?

AdamJohnson Newbie

Hello skiracer123

Thanks for the response. The Android Tablet application differs greatly from the Android Phone application. There is no MISC button on the Android Tablet Application. For the Android Tablet Application you should be able to pull up the full picture of your remote and be able to tap the power button and your cable box should power on. 

Here is an article about the remote for the Android Tablet Application:

Try that out, and hopefully it works.

Regards

The Sling Media Moderation Team

skiracer123

I have a Google Nexus 7 tablet running the latest Operating System 4.2.2 Jellybean.

When looking at the instructions you provided, I can see the 2 icons in the top right corner of my tablet.I am able to view the "The numeric keypad button."  However, when i click on the icon which resembles a remote control, nothing happens.  Wonder if the app is buggy on my Nexus 7...

**EDIT:

Just discovered something...

I have 2 user accounts on my Android Tablet.

Myself which i'm considered the "Owner"

My significant other who's labeled as "other users"

When i login as myself, i can see the remote control on the Slingbox App.

However, when i login as my significant other, the remote icon does not respond.

Note, both logins are accessing the same Slingbox account.

Maybe you can forward this observation i made to your app developers to see if they can re-create the problem on their end?