1 Reply Latest reply: May 18, 2013 5:19 PM by Tyler.Sling RSS

Sending slingbox ethernet connection to separate cable modems?

sagetek

Can anyone think of any way to have two separate cable modems (actually separate providers) and connect one SlingBox Pro-HD to either one of these (not both at same time of course), and do it remotely?  I have capablilty to control several remote 120 volt internet accessible/controllable outlets on a remote IP-9258 remote internet controlled switch, so I could turn on/off several pieces of equipment in any order.

This is very easy to do with a manual A/B ethernet switch, but so far I can not figure how to do it remotely!  Need a remote robot hand I guess!!!  

• Re: Sending slingbox ethernet connection to separate cable modems?
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello sagetek,

What you are trying to do is possible. However, it cannot be done from a remote location. The reason is because the Slingbox will need to be reset to factory settings, in order to configure to the cable modem. This can only be done by holding down the reset button on the Slingbox.

Also, Watch on Slingbox.com will not allow you to configure a Slingbox from a remote location, unless you have full access to a computer on the same network as the Slingbox.

Below is a link to an article that explains how to reset your Slingbox to factory settings:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team