1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 25, 2013 9:04 AM by skiracer123 RSS

Slingbox 500 with Home Theater receiver??

skiracer123

Hi,

I just purchased a Slingbox 500.

My current setup, all of my current components are connected via HDMI  to my home theater receiver which is an Onkyo TX-NR709. Then, i have an HDMI cable going from the receiver to my Samsung HDTV.

My cable TV DVR which is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HDC.

I have the Slingbox and DVR connected using HDMI and Component cables per the Quick Setup Manual

After going thru the initial Slingbox setup procedures on the TV and selecting HDMI as my video input i see video/audio for about 5 seconds, then i get this message:

"Your HDTV does not support HDCP. Please disconnect the HDMI connector and use the YPrPb connection to continue watching TV."

I tried choosing the video input as "Component", but i see a Green'd out screen, but i can hear the audio.

Any suggestions? Note, i don't want to lose the HD signal going from my DVR to my Onkyo receiver.

• Re: Slingbox 500 with Home Theater receiver??
          skiracer123

Ok got it working, sort of. My Charter Cable HD DVR box is not happy with the HDCP on every channel. So, i had to remove the HDMI cable from the slingbox and connect everything using video component cable and the standard LEFT/RIGHT audio cables.

Video appears to come in high def, but i lose the Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound since i can only use the left/right audio cables.  Since this is my home theater setup, not having Dolby Digital surround sound is not satisfactory to me.

Luckily, i have another regular Digital Cable box (non HD) in another room. So, i connected the slingbox to it and everything works again, but i have no HD from that box..

Anybody run into a similar situation and was able to get the HDMI input working on the Slingbox with a HD DVR cable box?