1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 28, 2013 7:12 PM by keith.sling RSS

slow network speeds with slingbox pro

docal97

So I have the slingbox pro w/ the hd connector.  I have the device hooked up to my time capsule. I have the newest verizon fios router.  I hv the ethernet cable attached from the slingbox to the TC.  The wiresless capabilities of the fios router are turned off.

I am able to connect to my slingbox over wifi in the house and over the LTE network of my iphone.

On my mac, I get close to 5,000 kbps and the picutre is very good.  On my Iphone 5, I get between 500-600 kbps over both Wifi and LTE.  I would think that the connection should be higher, and the picture should be better.  On the slingplayer for iphone, I do not have the option for HD streaming, only for SD, becasue of the age of my slingbox. 

Is this the reason for the slower speeds, or is a setting change necessary?

Thanks!

• Re: slow network speeds with slingbox pro
          keith.sling Apprentice

Hello docal97,

Thanks for using our answers forum here! I'm sorry that you're having this issue, however the Slingbox PRO is not a model we support for use with SlingPlayer for iPhone. I do apologize about any inconvenience here.

Here is an article form our support site regarding compatibility, Slingbox models and SlingPlayer for Mobile Devices etc:

Furthermore, if you are interested in upgrading your Slingbox you can do so with your current unit's serial number right at Slingbox.com/upgrade.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team