5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 7:26 AM by ertert222 RSS

Volume control

ertert222

Everything installed and works. (HTC One X) No volume control buttons and phone volume does nothing.

Is there a way to change volume?

• Re: Volume control
          Matt.Sling Apprentice

Hello ertert222,

If you press the "Misc" button, I believe there should be a Volume Up/Down option. One other option to get there is through the remote icon, then selecting Misc. Let me know if that works for you.

-Matt

ertert222

tap screen.

icon upper right corner

tap icon

"misc" shows in blue at top and 20 buttons below (misc does nothing when tapped so I assume this is misc menu)

no volume buttons

alanrichey42 Master

I have to disagree with Matt on this one,   Sling have never offered the option of controlling the volume of an AV device on any of the vieweing systems.  In fact the default remote image doesn't even have Volume/Mute buttons.   If a realistic remote image does have Volume buttons then Slingplayer 'hijacks' them and uses it to control it's own volume.

So the simple answer to your question is you use the Volume buttons on the phone to control the volume of Slingplayer and there is no official way of controlling the volume on your AV Device.

ertert222

There is no "realistic remote image" on the phone like there is on the computer.

Just generic buttons.

The phone volume control does nothing.

This is actually a pretty big deal depending on where you are and you want to use it.

alanrichey42 Master
                          There is no "realistic remote image" on the phone like there is on the computer.

Just generic buttons.

I know,

The phone volume control does nothing.

OK, I am actually using a Huawei G300 running ICS (Android 4.0.3) and the phone volume controls work perfectly.  When I hold them a 'thermometer' type display appears in the middle of the screen and the Volume changes.

If you aren't seeing this then you need to report it to Sling as it might be that HTC have 'broken' something in their tweaking of Android.