4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2013 4:54 AM by ginlemon RSS

1080p not working on Web Slingplayer / Vista

zzz999

Ok now I figured out what was really wrong despite upgrading my pc from Windows XP to Vista, and

upgrading from onboard graphincs (Radeon HD 3200) to a discrete card with Radeon HD 5450.

1080p does not work via the Web Slingplayer in Vista. If I use the embedded player, and do a 'Shift Q'

to show the stream bitrate and hardware accelerated = True, it displays 1920x540.

1920x540 = 1080i. 1920x1080 = 1080p. WE KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.

This is the embedded player, not Web Slingplayer; two different products.

If I attempt to watch anything using Web Slingplayer, it is slow motion video and audio, i.e., not 30 frames per second

video. It seems the Web Slingplayer s/w is not effectively using hardware acceleration since I know it works

when using the embedded player as the video/audio plays smoothly.

Please don't ask me to check if hardware acceleration is enabled because I already checked via the video settings

before selecting the box.

The problem is not my hardware but Web Slingplayer s/w. I'm pretty certain Slingbox knows this but don't

want to bring visibility to the issue.

• Re: 1080p not working on Web Slingplayer / Vista
          Lynsey Newbie

Hello zzz999,

I do want to apologize for any issues that you're having when trying to view your Slingbox. However, I see you're using Windows Vista and Windows Vista is no longer officially supported. To view your Slingbox on line on a Windows PC, you will now need to do so using either Windows 7 or Windows 8.  Please view the link below for more information on what is and is not supported.

What I would like for you to do is try to view your Slingbox on a supported Windows or MAC operating system as well as a compatible Internet browser. I think doing so will resolve your issue, as we do indeed support 1080p on the Slingbox 350. Please see the links below for more information on streaming in 1080p as well as other technical specs for the Slingbox 350.

I hope this helps!

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Sling Media Moderation Team

zzz999

Isn't it convenient for Slingbox to now disclose this information that Vista isn't compatible with Slingplayer Web in 1080p?

It is ridiculous that you waited for the user community to test your products because when I bought the Slingbox 350, Vista

was listed as a supported OS.

Thanks for wasting my money to buy Vista OS since I had to upgrade it from Windows XP,

which I was already aware wasn't supported.

ginlemon

Hi Lyndsay, Slingbox Support

please allow me to join this conversation. Can you please explain what you mean by "we do indeed support 1080p on the Slingbox 350"?

Let me explain myself: my Slingbox 350 does not accept 1080p50 nor 1080p60 feeds via component. The player reports "The connected video signal is not supported".

Can you please help, here?

Thanks

Alex.

AdamJohnson Newbie

Hello zzz999,

Thank you for reaching out to us on our online Answers Forum. I can understand the frustration you are having with being unable to achieve 1080p video quality. I do have a few questions for you about your setup on your computer.

• Is your video card drivers up to date?
                • Do you have the latest BIOS version?
                • Do you have the latest updates from Windows?

Just get back with that information please.

Regards,

The Sling Media Moderation Team.