3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2013 6:41 PM by ACC5016058 RSS

Sling 500 problem

TJ314

I have to continually power off and power on to get my Slingbox 500 to work. Any suggestions?

• Re: Sling 500 problem
          ACC5016058

Hi TJ314,

Is your sling 500 connected to Directv's slave unit by any chance?  I have a similar problem.  In a 90 minute "discussion" with Sling support, they basically and repeatedly said it will not work with the Directv cable for the C31-700 slave unit.   Please let me know for my own sake too.  :-)  If not, I can start a separate thread.

TJ314

ACC - I'm just hooked up to a set top box. Never had the problem until a week ago. I've had the sling 500 since they came out with no problems. I haven't been home to do a complete reset to see if that helps. I've had someone unplug and re-power to get it going. When I get back, I'll report to see if the reset helps.

ACC5016058

How are you connected?  For example, from the component out of your set top box (make and model ????) to the component in of the SB500?   Or are you using HDMI out (again make and model/??) to go into the HDMI IN on the SB500 ?