19 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2013 12:03 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Search remote file or code for a CGV Tnt receiver: Etimo or Etimo 2t

TVip

Hello,

I'm looking for a remote file for use with my french TNT receiver CGV Etimo (1 or 2t).

I've trying to make it myself from scratch with IrWidget, Irscope, and information from JP1 site, but it's to difficult for me.

I've search all sites and web ressources but unefortunately, I've found nothing.

I've try remote codes from known receiver CGV (as Premio sat receiver) but it does not work.

What could I do?

Thanks for your help.

• Re: Search remote file or code for a CGV Tnt receiver: Etimo or Etimo 2t
          alanrichey42 Master

Unless you tell us EXACTLY what the problem is you are having with IRScope I am not sure what you expect us to say.  We aren't psychic

TVip

I didn't tell here the detail of my problems with IrScope and other softwares because I  don't want to work on them anymore. too much complicate for me.

So as I 'm not looking help on IrScope, I do not explain the details and troubles with it.

That's why my thread is named 'Search remote file form my CGV TNT Receviver' and not 'Search help on IrScope'.

I tell 'EXACTLY' what I'm looking for: A remote file.

Sincerely

alanrichey42 Master

Wow, punchy reply    Advice for the future, if you really want someone to help don't post an answer like that.  I came within a whisker of ignoring you.  However my better half prevailed, so try this one.

TVip

Ooops :  I didn't want to be aggressive. Sorry, really. So focused on my English (not so easy, I'm french) that I've lost my first idea to be friendly sarcastic

Thanks for the file. I will try it asap.

You're very kind to post it despite of my punchy answer. Be sure I didn't want to be unfriendly. It was not me. Maybe half asleep

Thanks a lot.

alanrichey42 Master

No problem, I've done the same myself    If it does work here is the RMDU source file for Remotemaster in case you want to play with it.

TVip

Great!!! It works. Wonderfull.

I was a little bit frightened since 2 days because I've found nothing for my Etimo2. And the soft for do it my self are too complicate for me (english and technic). I thought there will be no solution.

I'm very happy and I thank you a lot. You're friendly to not be upset with my punchy answer (I'm stupid).

To be honest, I've passed 2 night on Ir Widget, and different software, and it is possible that I was a little bit nervous to have to speak about Ir Soft.

What kind of tweak can I do with RMDU?

Thx

alanrichey42 Master
                                  Great!!! It works. Wonderfull.

Good, glad I could help

What kind of tweak can I do with RMDU?

If you decide you would like one of the functions that I have allocated to a Custom button to be moved to an existing button on the Remote then you can do that with RemoteMaster.  For example, I decided to put the 'List' function on the White button (next to the Blue button) which wasn't being used before.  You might want a different function on that button.  Very easy with Remotemaster.

TVip

Thanks.

I 've just try Remote Master.

I've load CGV Etimo 2T.rmdu.

Then I've try to assign the origina Timer Button to the 'page Up' button. I can see it's ok in buttons list in Remote Master.

Then, I export 'Binary Upgrad' to C2010_RV.bin. I copy the new file in SBAV folder. I restart SlingPlayer. And I set up the slingplayer to use the new custom C2010 code.

Unfortunately, the new setup is not considered. The pageUp button does not launch timer, it works as the previous remote file.

An idea?

Thanks

Edit: PS: Is it easy to use an other template for having a CGV like look remote? Do I have to do this with remote master?

Thx

alanrichey42 Master
                                          Then I've try to assign the origina Timer Button to the 'page Up' button. I can see it's ok in buttons list in Remote Master.

Then, I export 'Binary Upgrad' to C2010_RV.bin. I copy the new file in SBAV folder. I restart SlingPlayer. And I set up the slingplayer to use the new custom C2010 code.

Unfortunately, the new setup is not considered. The pageUp button does not launch timer, it works as the previous remote file.

Could be the new BIN file hasn't overwritten the old one.  Try using C2011 for the new one to avoid confusion.

Edit: PS: Is it easy to use an other template for having a CGV like look remote? Do I have to do this with remote master?

It depends.  If Sling have built an Image file for your remote then you can link them.   Do any of the built-in remotes display the correct image ? (even if the codes don't work)

Or is your remote here :  http://slingbox.wikia.com/wiki/Skin.toc

If they haven't designed the image then you will have to do it yourself.  The instructions are here https://community.sling.com/thread/8533?tstart=0
                                          but I warn you it is vey technical.

TVip

-1-

I've renamed the code as 2011 in Remote Master, then Export a new C2011_RV.bin, then copied it in folder SBAV.

In Slingbox player, when I set the C2011 custom code, it says it does not exist.

I've imagined that's because the .PL, the C2011_PL.bin does not exist, so I've copy the 2010 one and rename as C2011_PL.bin. But same message.

-2-

My remote skin does not exist in the sligmedia list but it looks like the Animo one.

http://slingbox.wikia.com/wiki/Skin.amino

Is there a (simple) way to use this skin with your Etimo 2t template code?

Also, I will be very interested in the sling custom skin:

http://slingbox.wikia.com/wiki/Skin.slingcustomremote

But I don't know how to use a skin with your C2010 code, the Etimo you've give this morning and which is working fine.

Thanks

I'm sorry for all these questions, but it is very difficult for a french newbie to understand technical english settings.

alanrichey42 Master
                                                  I've renamed the code as 2011 in Remote Master, then Export a new C2011_RV.bin, then copied it in folder SBAV.

In Slingbox player, when I set the C2011 custom code, it says it does not exist.

I've imagined that's because the .PL, the C2011_PL.bin does not exist, so I've copy the 2010 one and rename as C2011_PL.bin. But same message.http://slingbox.wikia.com/wiki/Skin.slingcustomremote

If it doesn't exist it can't be there     Sorry, that's all I can say.

My remote skin does not exist in the sligmedia list but it looks like the Animo one.

http://slingbox.wikia.com/wiki/Skin.amino

Is there a (simple) way to use this skin with your Etimo 2t template code?

I'll give it a try and come back later.  It involves quite a bit of work.

alanrichey42 Master

Sorry, could not get this remote to display.  Sling must have changed the codes in the database and I have no way of knowing that as they keep them secret from us.

TVip

No problem, I understand. It's great that you've tried to do it. Very friendly.

Finally, the Custom Sling listed on their site could be the best for me:

Do you think there is a way to use it with your Etimo 2T template?

About the renamed C2011, sling player does not see it. The file is in the good folder, as it could find the 2010 in the same folder. But it is not a serious problem. I just wanted to have 'Timer' original button map on PageUp (and Fav on PageDown) because I use it a lot, but it is not a drama. Having your Remote file since this morning is really already great, when I think that I was so sad yesterday in the idea that I will never have a way to use my TNT receiver. :-)

Thanks a lot. Today I'm watching my TV thanks to you, Be sure I appreciate your help.

alanrichey42 Master
                                                              Finally, the Custom Sling listed on their site could be the best for me:

Do you think there is a way to use it with your Etimo 2T template?

No, that was a one-off they produced when they supported the 'learning' site at http://remotes.slingbox.com.  You can't access it any other way

About the renamed C2011, sling player does not see it. The file is in the good folder, as it could find the 2010 in the same folder. But it is not a serious problem. I just wanted to have 'Timer' original button map on PageUp (and Fav on PageDown) because I use it a lot, but it is not a drama. Having your Remote file since this morning is really already great, when I think that I was so sad yesterday in the idea that I will never have a way to use my TNT receiver. :-)

OK, here are a revised set of BIN files with those changes in, alomg with the RMDU file.  Maybe they will work ?

TVip

Hello,

A million thanks for your help. The new files do exactly what I needed. It is really nice of you to edit the files for me. You are really a precious member for the slingbox users. :-)

Could I ask you what is your role in Slingbox to be able to provide a file for a new device, and a french device like CGV? It's incredible and very usefull! Thanks again.

A last question is in my mind. Could you please tell me step by step how you have edit and generate the new file. Because my own C2010_RV file has never been recognized by slingplayer, and remote master have not generate a _PL file. Now I know that I work in the right folder, because yours work well and the new function 'pageUp' is OK.

Thanks again for all what you do and help.

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                      Could I ask you what is your role in Slingbox to be able to provide a file for a new device, and a french device like CGV? It's incredible and very usefull!

I have absolutely nothing to do with Sling.  I am just a user like yourself.  I also found I had a PVR that was not supported and once I realised Sling had no procedure for quickly adding it to their database I taught myself how to build a Custom Remote.   Later I realised that by installing a device onto my Harmony Universal Remote that I could use that to 'mimic' the original remote and build Custom Remotes for other people in the same position.  It takes some time, but I am long retired and have plenty of time on my hands.  That was over 3 years and 600+ Custom Remotes ago

A last question is in my mind. Could you please tell me step by step how you have edit and generate the new file. Because my own C2010_RV file has never been recognized by slingplayer, and remote master have not generate a _PL file. Now I know that I work in the right folder, because yours work well and the new function 'pageUp' is OK.

Not sure, but I posted a copy of my RMDU file. Can you see any difference with yours ?

But what do you mean by "...and remote master have not generate a _PL file..." ?   Did you not select the PL RDF in the 'Remote' drop down menu on the Setup page ?