1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 10, 2013 12:17 PM by 272600240041765 RSS

Android Specifications For SlingBox

272600240041765 Newbie

I have both a Sling Adapter and a Sling PRO-HD.  Sling works okay on my Garminfone, but it can be slow on start up and slow to respond.  My phone currently is a Garminfone, which is on T-Mobile, and is only capable of 3G.  I am considering a new Android phone.  What aspects of a newer Android will be most helpful in improving performance of the SlingBox application?  Would it be:

-Newer Version Of Android Operaing System (Currently 2.1)

-Faster Data (Currently 3G)

-Faster Processor (Currentl;y 600 MHz Qualcomm MSM722)  

• Re: Android Specifications For SlingBox
          Lynsey Newbie

Hi 272600240041765,

Thank you for posting in our on line forums! To answer your question, there are many things to take into consideration when it comes to getting a better streaming quality. All of the things that you listed should help improve the performance of streaming. However, I am interested in the upload and download speeds at the actual Slingbox location as well as the firmware your Slingbox is running on. To get the upload and download speeds at the Slingbox location you can visit speedtest.net to get those details.

Below are some links with some information on our mobile requirements for the SlingPlayer application as well as some troubleshooting steps to see if you can get a better expierence with your current device. 

Here is also a great video that explains everything in more detail. When you click on the link below, you will see where it says "Latest Videos"  and then under that link I would link for you to click on the link that says "SlingPlayer, Bandwidth & You" to view the video.

I hope this information helps!

Thanks,

Sling Media Moderation Team