4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2013 3:51 PM by nlux7787 RSS

Unable to Connect Slingbox Pro

nlux7787

I am trying to set up a Slingbox Pro that I just purchased. It worked for the seller prior to shipping. When I try to connect through Slingbox.com, I am asked to enter a password. I enter it and click watch. It then tries to connect, but after a few seconds, I get an error that says "There was an error connecting to your Slingbox". I have tried to rest the slingbox, but I get the same result every time. Anyone know what I need to do to get my Slingbox working? Thanks! Nate

• Re: Unable to Connect Slingbox Pro
          keith.sling Apprentice

Hello Nate,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting your Slingbox PRO to complete Setup on Slingbox.com. You said you have tried resetting the unit, did you hold the reset button down for a solid thirty seconds? If the Slingbox is asking for an admin password, it doesn't sound like the reset has taken yet. Have you tried power cycling both the Slingbox and the router? Is the network light solidly lit when the error occurs? It could possibly be an issue with the amperage coming from the power supply as well. I will provide some links below which should help you further with this issue here, I will also include the link to our online store where you can purchase replacement parts.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

nlux7787

KWhit - Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I am still unable to get it working. I was able to reset it and it no longer asks for the password. I also unplugged the router to cycle through it. Both lights are solid in the front of the slingbox.

I switched to google chrome from IE and had a slight bit more success. I get through the 1st step of the setup, but then I get the error when it is on the step to check for updates.

One time both last night (using IE) and today (using Chrome), it made it past the 1st few steps and I could see a channel in the window. However, both times when it started the step to search for channels, the error happened.

What else can I try? Thanks!

keith.sling Apprentice

Hey Nate,

I'm glad to hear that you've made some progress! However, it sounds like you are still having trouble maintaning a connection with your PRO. Have you checked your bandwidth/ upload and download speeds? You can go right to speedtest.net to determine that. Is the Slingbox connected directly to your router, or are you using powerline adapters, a wireless bridge etc.? What version of Windows are you running (which operating system)?

If you are using a hub or bridge of any kind, you may want to hardwire the Slingbox to the router directly to complete setup, and then you can return the Slingbox to the permanent location.

Here is a link from our support site with more information regarding compatibility and requirements:

Hope this helps, please reply back if you need any additional assistance!

Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team