3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 3:46 PM by Aardvark RSS

High Pitched Voices

Marka1620

I know I'm not the only one with the isuue on my 500. Does anyone know why voices are high pitced at times and how do I correct this...if it even can be corrected.

Thanks

• Re: High Pitched Voices
          Lynsey Newbie

Hi Marka1620,

Thank you for posting in our online forums! I see you stated that voices are "high pitched" when streaming your Slingbox 500 and I do apologize for the inconvenience you've had with that issue. Has this always been an problem or did it just recently start? I would also like to know if this is happening when trying to view your Slingbox on multiple devices? At this time what I recommend is to perform a hard reset and reconfigure your Slingbox. This can be done by holding your reset button on the back of the Slingbox for 35 seconds (time it if possible as anything under will not be effective) and then reconfiguring your device either via the on screen setup or on a PC.

The whole process will take about 10-15 minutes to complete. If the hard reset does not resolve your issue then I want you to take a look at the following link as it contains some troubleshooting steps to help correct poor audio issues.

Please respond and let us know if the reset or any of the other troubleshooting steps work for you.

Cheers,

Sling Media Moderation Team

Marka1620

Has always happened periodically. When it does happen, it will play that way on multiple devices...iphone, laptop and WDTV. Next time it happens, I'll try the hard reset. I know others have had this issues and posted, but I cant find the thread.

Aardvark

I just found this thread looking for a solution to this problem.  I too have been getting high pitched voices on my iPad, iPhone and Windows PC.  I have just done a hard reset on my SB500 and let it update the firmware to 1.1.192.  I'll be testing it out to see if the problem is gone.  I found the problem most noticeable while watching "Emergency!" and on a Colonial Penn commercial where Alex Trebek sounded like a soprano.