4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2013 2:57 PM by Lynsey Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Cannot connect anymore

gavles

I returned from a week-end at home to discover my landlady had changed our internet access. Previously I just connected to her router and Slingbox worked fine.  Now I have to connect to the internet through a web site. essentially via a gateway, and Slingbox doesn't connect anymore.  It say can't connet because of poor connection speed but I know this isn't true.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I have had someone at home unplug and then reconnect the slingbox.

• Re: Cannot connect anymore
          Lynsey Newbie

Hello gavles,

Sorry to hear that you're unable to connect to your Slingbox. However, this should be a fairly simple fix. Whenever there is a change in your Internet service and/or router, you will need to do a hard reset on your Slingbox and reconfigure. This can be done by holding your reset button down on the back on your Slingbox for 30 seconds (time this as anything under will not be effective) and once you get two solid lights, both network and power then you will need to go to setup.slingbox.com to reconfigure. This will allow your Slingbox to connect to your current Internet settings.

If this does not resolve your issue, please see the links below for further troubleshooting steps.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Sling Media Moderation Team

gavles

I downloaded the slingbox app for my iPad and managed to connect to my slingbox, however I then foolishly took your advice and asked my wife to do a hard reset at home and now I can't connect using my pc or my ipad.  I have now paid £130 for a sling box and a further £10 for an iPad app and have nothing to show for it.  This is rubbish slingbox, you need to do better.  I am not a stupid person and very computer literate so please tell me how to reconnect to slingbox, otherwise it is a complete waste of money.  What are proxy settings how do they work and can I perhaps use those?

rjschick92

I am pretty sure that if you do a hard reset, you have to reconfigure the Slingbox while on your home network.

Lynsey Newbie

Hello gavles,

Thank you for your reply. Once the Slingbox was reset and displayed the two solid network lights, did your wife then visit setup.slingbox.comto reconfigure the Slingbox for the new Internet settings? If so, did she get the message "Internet viewing complete" as if she did then there should not be an issue with connecting to your Slingbox. The reconfiguration will have to be done at the Slingbox location as it needs to be done on the same network as the Slingbox.

To answer your other question, the Slingbox uses two proxy settings.

1. Streaming- which is used and need to stream the video from your Slingbox onto your PC.
                    2. Services- Which is used for your Slingbox services such as Slingbox setup assistant, the Slingbox Guide, and Sling Accounts.

Please see the links below for more information on and to access your proxy settings on your PC as well as how to change them if need be.

Sorry for any frustration this has caused you and I hope this information helps. If you need further assistance after trying the troubleshooting listed above, please respond with any error codes, messages or questions you may have.

Thank you,

Sling Media Moderation Team