6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2013 7:19 AM by dlloyd3 RSS

Some channels are unclear. How to fix it?

songyang

Hi:

I bought a slingbox pro hd and located it in Taiwan.

No matter how I setup, some channels are unclear.

11.png

When I use old slingplayer application (1.5.1.335 I used) to change slingbox's location to other country then change back to Taiwan and click cancel, all unclear channel are clear now .

22.png

But then, I can't use channel up and chennel down button to switch channels.

How do I switch channels using up and down button and can watch more clear channels?

• Re: Some channels are unclear. How to fix it?
          Lynsey Newbie

Hi songyang,

Thanks for uploading screen shots of your issue to help us better understand exactly what the picture looks like! I do have some questions that I need to ask to better understand your situation more clearly as you stated that you need assistance with some channels that are unclear, but then in your post you stated "When I use old slingplayer application (1.5.1.335 I used) to change slingbox's location to other country then change back to Taiwan and click cancel, all unclear channel are clear now" and then stated "I can't use channel up and channel down button to switch channels" so I do apologize, but I am a little confused on what exactly the issue is that you're having and what you need assistance with. If your video quality is still an issue, can you please respond with answers to my following questions below  so I can get a better understanding and try to help resolve that issue...

1. How do you have your Slingbox connected? (composite or component cables)
          2. What are you trying to view your Slingbox on, a tablet, smart phone or PC?
          3. Have you tried connecting to your Slingbox on a different device and if so do you have the same issue?
          4. Are you using your Slingbox as a cable/satellite pass through to your TV? If so, do you have poor video on your TV as well?
          5. What are your upload and download speeds at both the Slingbox and the remote location where you're trying to stream your Slingbox? (If you're unsure of how to find this information, you can go to speedtest.net and run the speed test to get both upload and download speeds)
          6. What is the quality of video you're streaming? Standard or High definition?

These questions will give me a better understanding of what might be causing the poor video issue and also assist me in guiding you to the proper troubleshooting steps to take to resolve that issue. However, if the video issue is resolved and the issue is with your remote control then I have provided some articles below with some troubleshooting steps that should assist you with getting your virtual remote control back up and running.

Please feel free to reply with any other questions or concerns you have.

Thank you,

Sling Media Moderation Team

songyang

The issue I mention are :

1. If I use general mothed to setup slingbox , some channel are unclear and have some red and blue strips on screen. (like first screen shot)

All button are work well.

I can use "channel up" and "channel down" buttons to change channels.

2. When I use mothed I mention in last post to setup slingbox , those unclear channel become clear. (second screen shot)

I did not change any setting except changing location and clicking cencel.

But, "channel up" and "channel down" buttons can not use anymore at the monent.

Only those two buttons are unfunctional, other buttons (Digit 0-9,enter, last channel,) are the same as usual.

It has same issue no matter what platform and what quality of video I used.

I use coaxial cable to connect slingbox and my tv set. Video quality are pretty good on my TV.

I did not use IR emitter so I can not change remote control setting.

What I want to know is if I can watch clear channels AND use the two buttons normally?

Lynsey Newbie

Hi songyang,

Thank you for your reply! What I would like for you to do at this time is a hard reset on your Slingbox. This can be done by holding your reset button down for 30 seconds, and time this if possible as anything under will not be effective. Once the reset is complete and you have two solid lights (network and power) then you will need to go to setup.slingbox.com and reconfigure your Slingbox. The hard reset will restore your Slingbox back to factory setting and this way your can reconfigure everything from your cables to your on line remote control.

Please try this and let me know if it resolves your issue.

Thank you,

songyang

Hi,

I have reset my slingbox pro hd several times.

But, it have the same problem.

Apprentice

Hello songyang,

Thank you for your response! What are your current network speeds?

Thank you,

dlloyd3

I am having a similar problem but it completely changes if I used the internal tuner or just use the the HD tuner in the house.

THis has all started since April 13, 2013 prior to that I had no issue.

If I used the internal tuner and let my family control independantly their TV and PVR by the remote I get several channels usually in the higher channel range( channel 40 and above) which look exactly the same as this poster. But if I use the home/external tuner the picture is crystal clear and perfect.

My speed is around 887 kb/s and I get all green bars no matter what mode i used to control the content or change channels etc.

This does not appear to be a network speed issue but a tuner/hardware problem.

When was firmware 2.1.370 issued? I am wondering if a firmware update recently has caused this video issue.