1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 9, 2013 11:13 AM by Lynsey RSS

how to configure your router

derekhamlin

sorry if this has been asked before but i am very new to this and it would have been helpfull if slingbox had mentioned this in the set up proceedure. i set up my 500 with no problems at all at home but now find i cant use it away from home as i have not configured my router. could anyone out there please tell me what i have to do.

many thanks derek

• Re: how to configure your router
          Lynsey Newbie

Hi derekhamlin,

I'm sorry to hear that you can not view your Slingbox outside of your home location. I do have a few questions for you so I can better understand your situation and guide you to the proper troubleshooting steps to take.

• Are you or can you or someone else go to the Slingbox location?
          • If so, what do the lights on the front of your Slingbox look like? (solid or flashing)
          • Are you connected WiFi or hard wired?
          • If hard wired are you using any type of wireless bridge?
          • When you set up the Slingbox did you get the message that Internet viewing was ready?
          • Have you changed routers since the original setup?
          • Has your router come unplugged or lost power by any chance?
          • Have you tried from more than one remote location?

I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Below are some troubleshooting links I would like for you to try. Take a look at these articles and if none of these steps work for you then please reply with answers to the questions above.

I hope this helps and please do not hesitate to reply with any further questions you may have.

Thanks,

Sling Media Moderation Team