4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2013 6:53 AM by 255909100259685 RSS

Remote not responding

I'm away from home and was watching my Dishnet home. Dishnet box is turned off after several hours of inactivity and need to press select button on virtual remote. Now it does not respond for pressing this button. I tried from iPhone and iPad but failed.

Thank you for your help.

• Re: Remote not responding
          alanrichey42 Master

When this has suddenly happened to me it has been the satellite box freezing.  You need someone to reset it.   Either that or someone has disturbed the IR Blaster (if you are using an old Slingbox) ?

Thank you for your comment.

I am away for next couple of weeks so I can not reboot it now. I believe cause is something else as this happened before but eventually corrected by daily booting by Dishnet while downloading the guide.

Since I live alone and I like to rule out the IR failure or blockage.

One possible cause is the speed of Internet where I am staying is slow. About 2.9 Mbps compared to 12.mbps home. I have to be patient to click each remote buttons here.

Again thank you for your advise and if you can think of other ways, I appreciate it very much.

Shinji

alanrichey42 Master
                  I am away for next couple of weeks so I can not reboot it now. I believe cause is something else as this happened before but eventually corrected by daily booting by Dishnet while downloading the guide.

OK, although it would do no harm to rerun the Video Sources setup routine, which you can do remotely.

One possible cause is the speed of Internet where I am staying is slow. About 2.9 Mbps compared to 12.mbps home. I have to be patient to click each remote buttons here.

Most unlikely.  It is the upload speed at your home that is the critical path not the the download speed at your remote location.