10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2013 12:29 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Need a remote for HP MediaSmart Connect x280n!

dcdocbrian

Using Slingbox 350 to sling Windows Media Center content, including TV, recorded TV, etc. Need a remote code that will work!

• Re: Need a remote for HP MediaSmart Connect x280n!
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

dcdocbrian

Thanks for the response.  No, I did not do a proper forum search, I spoke with a slingplayer agent who did so while I was on the line. He didn't find anything so referred me to the forum. I have never been here before. I have had the Slingplayer 350 for 6 months but now I am trying to use this Windows Media Extender device made by HP. I can find no remotes which work (I tried all the HP models and Microsoft media player models, no luck). I realize this is an obscure device but if I could get a remote that would be great. According to your thread I should ask for a custom remote, but it will probably take some time. I guess that is what I do next.

Brian Seitz

Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 00:32:32 -0800

To: dcdocbrian@msn.com

Subject: Re: - Need a remote for HP MediaSmart Connect x280n! [isjar6-6keg-1u8a]

Slingbox Answers Forum

reply from alanrichey42 in Audio/Video Troubleshooting - View the full discussion

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ? If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0 Come back if it that doesn't help either. Al

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Audio/Video Troubleshooting at Slingbox Answers Forum

alanrichey42 Master
                  According to your thread I should ask for a custom remote, but it will probably take some time. I guess that is what I do next.

Depends.  What happened when you tried this Custom Remote ?  Windows Media Centre

dcdocbrian

Thanks for the reply. I am currently at work so I cannot be sure I specifically tried the remote you recommend. (I only tried those available during setup/configuration of remote) On that note, excuse my ignorance, but once I open the file, how do I get it to the slingplayer? (I haven't downloaded it yet because I am not at home, just wondering how I do it when I get home this evening).

Thanks again for your support.

Brian Seitz

Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 08:59:52 -0800

Subject: Re: - Need a remote for HP MediaSmart Connect x280n! [isjar6-6keg-1u8x]

Slingbox Answers Forum

reply from alanrichey42 in Audio/Video Troubleshooting - View the full discussion

According to your thread I should ask for a custom remote, but it will probably take some time. I guess that is what I do next.Depends.  What happened when you tried this Custom Remote ?  Windows Media Centre

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

dcdocbrian

OK, I downloaded the BIN file and tried out the WMC remote. When I tried a channel change, either up/down or manual number entry the screen would stutter but no change. I did post to the Remote Control forum.

Brian Seitz, DC

Tuality Physicians

730-D SE Oak St

Hillsboro, OR 97123

(503)640-3724

To: slingmedia@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com

Subject: RE: - Need a remote for HP MediaSmart Connect x280n! [isjar6-6keg-1u8x]

Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 09:27:55 -0800

Thanks for the reply. I am currently at work so I cannot be sure I specifically tried the remote you recommend. (I only tried those available during setup/configuration of remote) On that note, excuse my ignorance, but once I open the file, how do I get it to the slingplayer? (I haven't downloaded it yet because I am not at home, just wondering how I do it when I get home this evening).

Thanks again for your support.

Brian Seitz

Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 08:59:52 -0800

Subject: Re: - Need a remote for HP MediaSmart Connect x280n! [isjar6-6keg-1u8x]

Slingbox Answers Forum

According to your thread I should ask for a custom remote, but it will probably take some time. I guess that is what I do next.Depends.  What happened when you tried this Custom Remote ?  Windows Media Centre

keith.sling Apprentice

Hello dcdocbrian,

I understand that you're looking for a remote for a somewhat obscure device. You can definitely try a custom remote if your specific device isn't listed through Setup. I would also recommend posting to our Enhancement Requests and Product Feedback section right here in our forum. We do have a team working on adding remotes to our database and they look for feedback from that community when updating our system, so it's a good idea to place your request there.

You can also see all the latest additions to our remotes and other Sling news in our What's New section.

Here are the links which I described above:

Hope this helps!

Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team