1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 3, 2013 11:00 AM by Lynsey RSS

administrative code...help

concernedmom

I just recently switch routers and my son in college is having trouble using slingbox HD....i reset the unit but it keeps asking my son for an administrative code...do you know where i can find it? unit is about a year old

• Re: administrative code...help
          Lynsey Newbie

Hi concernedmom,

I want to welcome you to our on line forums! I do want to apologize for any issues that you're having with your Slingbox however, when you say "administrator code" do you mean administrator password? If you're getting the administrator password message, then there are a few things we can do to try and resolve this issue. I do see that you stated that you got a new router. When you got a new router, was a hard reset done one the Slingbox? If not, I would like you to do a hard reset by holding the reset button on the back of your Slingbox for 30 seconds, this way we can place the Slingbox back to factory settings. Once a hard reset is done, and you have both a solid network and power light, you will then need to reconfigure your Slingbox on our setup page.  This way, it will be able to communicate to your new router and also, this usually fix's the administrator password loop. I am going to add some links below for you to take a look at. I believe if you follow the troubleshooting steps in these articles, your problem should be resolved.

I hope these articles help and please do not hesitate to reply if you run into any issues or have any further questions regharding this issue.

Thank you,

Sling Media Moderation Team