1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 24, 2013 2:00 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

choose a decoder and install slingbox 500 in Italy

fabianotesta

hi I have a new slingbox 500 to install in Italy.

unfortunately i can't see european decoder models in the installation.  

i have to buy a new one and i would like some help to choose a right one i can istall easily.     the software is just for Canada and Usa so i suppose it will be not very easy to pick one;

plus there are not so much italian decoder with hdmi + composit.   they mostly have scart.   

do you have any tips on how to choose the decoder and work out to istall it in Italy??

thank you

Fabiano

• Re: choose a decoder and install slingbox 500 in Italy
          alanrichey42 Master
          unfortunately i can't see european decoder models in the installation.  

Actually the drop down selection list is the same as the one used in the European Pro-HD so I am a bit surprised you could not find one.  I had no problem with my UK Sky box.

The software is just for Canada and Usa so i suppose it will be not very easy to pick one;

That is not relevant.  The reason for specyfing the Country and the subsequent selection of TV Provider is ONLY for use with the program guide, it has nothing to do with remote selection.  If you are any other than the USA/Canada simply select USA, input a valid ZIP code (90120?) and pick a random provider.

Plus there are not so much italian decoder with hdmi + composit.   they mostly have scart. 

Just buy a SCART/Composite converter. 

Image1.jpg