6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2011 4:52 PM by ACC72245 RSS

Slingmobile says 'Remote Streaming not enabled on this device'-IPAD

zululeppard

I have seen the Slingmedia Player working on IPAD.

I get the error message 'Remote Streaming not enabled on this device'.

How to enable it on the IPAD, or what to do if it's a misleading error message?

Thanks for any help

zululeppard

• Re: Slingmobile says 'Remote Streaming not enabled on this device'-IPAD
          ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

Hi Zululeppard,

Are you sure it's the iPad that's not enabled ?  That error sounds like it could be on the Slingbox side.

Go to support.slingbox.com and log in.  You should see some information about your Slingbox.  Under Internet Viewing, does it say Setup Complete: Yes ?  Are there any alert messages ?

If the problem is indeed on the Slingbox side, you need to run the Setup Assistant to fix that and enable remote viewing.  You can do that at support.slingbox.com.  You need to be on your home network (connected to the same router as the Slingbox) to do that.

Hope this helps,

- Az

zululeppard

Thanks for the tip ArizonaSackbut - it helped me to solve the problem!

The words " THIS DEVICE" in the quote above on the Slingmobile screen does not refer to the mobile device.

Instead it refers to the Slingbox. Note to Sling programmers, say "The selected Slingbox " instead of "This device"

During setup, there was My Slingbox  (default name for the Slingbox), and an option to personalize the name.

I did personalize it, and set up remote streaming on the personalized Slingbox.

In the Slingmobile player, both were hidden behind a button. The player selected the 'My Slingbox' default unsetup entry itself, and gave the error message shown above.

I imagine that this might catch a few others, and why there would be two entries in there I do not know.

Anyway, thanks ArizonaSackbut , your reply got me to go checking for something dumb with the Slingbox and it worked!!

zululeppard

ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

Hey, that's good news !  Glad I could help.

Happy trails,

- Az

ACC72245

zululeppard wrote:

Thanks for the tip ArizonaSackbut - it helped me to solve the problem!

The words " THIS DEVICE" in the quote above on the Slingmobile screen does not refer to the mobile device.

Instead it refers to the Slingbox. Note to Sling programmers, say "The selected Slingbox " instead of "This device"

During setup, there was My Slingbox  (default name for the Slingbox), and an option to personalize the name.

I did personalize it, and set up remote streaming on the personalized Slingbox.

In the Slingmobile player, both were hidden behind a button. The player selected the 'My Slingbox' default unsetup entry itself, and gave the error message shown above.

I imagine that this might catch a few others, and why there would be two entries in there I do not know.

Anyway, thanks ArizonaSackbut , your reply got me to go checking for something dumb with the Slingbox and it worked!!

zululeppard

I agree! I had this problem and I automatically assumed the problem was with my iPad...I was trying to work out how to enable remote streaming on it, before I came across this post. And thanks for the advice ArizonaSackbut

ACC72245

I tried watching on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 and nothing happened (message continuously said 'locating') until I logged in to my Slingbox account. I was just checking that setup was showing as 'complete' as suggested by a previous poster. As soon as I went back to my iPad and iPhone, both connected fine!