3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 12:10 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

New Zealand

jelk

Hi I,m In New Zealand and am unable to connect to my hds 600 . I have had someone goto my house and reset box.modem and router but screen says check unit is on what can i check? also I see that NZ is not on the countries list, could this be the problem? being trying often over two months to no avail any help would be appreciated regards John

• Re: New Zealand
          jamesmccourt Novice

Try the UK Slingbox site? That SlingPlayer is definitely compatible with the HDS-600RS. The latest US Slingbox site isn't.

If that doesn't work what error message are you getting?

J.

jelk

Hi James ,Thanks for a swift response, this is the message I get after

account check etc.  "there was an error There was an error connecting to

your Slingbox. Make sure that your Slingbox is ON and connected to your

network. Also check that firewall and router allow access. Do you want to

retry? There was an error connecting to your Slingbox. Make sure that your

Slingbox is ON and connected to your network. Also check that firewall and

router allow access. Do you want to retry?

connecting to your Slingbox.Make sure your Slingbox is ON and connected to

your network. Also check that firewall and router allow access. do you want

to retry"

The system is the same as when I was UK and worked there.

Thanks again

John

ps Incidentally this unit was bought new last year on a friends

recommendation and am therefore a bit surprised to see it described as a

legacy unit.

alanrichey42 Master

That message is just a generic one that Slingplayer shows if it cannot communicate with the Slingbox.   Unfortunately you seem to have done everytihng that can be done remotely, i.e. resetting all the boxes.   You need someone to factory reset the Singbox and run the initial setup again.