1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 9:49 AM by trivers1979 RSS

No Video Signal

wingnut_9798

I have a Slingbox Pro connected to a Motorola cable box via coaxial. I also have coaxial running from the Slingbox Pro to the TV. I can see and hear the cable channels on the TV. This tells me the video singal is good to and from the Slingbox.

When I try to setup the Slingbox through setup.slingbox.com my box is detected and I go through the setup process. This tells me my network connections are working.

When I get to Video Source the setup defaults to Coaxial (which I am using) and I can see and hear the cable channel in the browser setup page for about 3 seconds. Then the setup page displays "no video signal". Clicking "check again" returns "no video signal". If I start the entire setup process over again (without touching the SlingBox, reset, etc.) I can see and hear the cable channel for about 3 seconds before losing the signal.

I have repeated this process several times after resetting the Slingbox, deleting it from my Slingbox directory, and disabling my Norton 360 firewall. The results are always the same.

• Re: No Video Signal
          trivers1979 Newbie

Hello wingnut_9798,

Thank you for using our online answers forum. Sorry to hear you are having issues getting video on your Slingbox Pro. There are a few things we can try to troubleshoot your issue. Have you tried eliminating the Slingbox as a pass through (I.E. hook the cable box to the Slingbox and also hook the cable box directly to the T.V.)? Have you tried using a set of component cables from the cable box to the Slingbox?

Here is a link to help troubleshoot your issue further!

Hope this helps, feel free to reply back with any other questions or concerns you might have.

Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team