6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 2:57 PM by bmuth6757 RSS

Why have some of my buttons become grayed out?

acabrol

I have been happily using my slingbox while on vacation and 2 days ago suddenly the "myDVR" button, menu button, on demand button and a few others are grayed out. My cablebox is a Motorola DCH3416 set up in Seattle on Comcast.  Of course not being able to access my dvr is a drag and I am envisioning all those things recording that I can't stop!  Help please.

I have read all the troubleshooting articles on the forum I can find and also "chatted" with the tech support who could only direct me to the set configuration area unless I am willing to spend the $29 for support.  I have tried other remotes but so far no luck for the DVR portion.  What I don't understand is why it just kind of happened out of the blue.  I thought maybe it had something to do with accessing it on hotel networks, but now that I am at home on my own network the problem is still there.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Also I have had my person in Seattle checked the h/w setup and nothing there has changed-the little eye is in place etc. and she has touched the "dedicated set up" at all, so I think I am good there.

I am watching on a windows laptop-no other devices

Thanks!