3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 12:16 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Att Uverse Remote not showing up on Slingcatcher menu?

ACC629043

Hi All-

Need your help!. So i have been using my slingcatcher for almost 4 years. Have had a couple kinks along the way but now i got a major head scratcher.

Details/specs:
      Slingbox Pro HD -  plugged into via component cables -USA

AT&T Uverse VIP 1200 DVR set top box - USA

AT&T Motorola 2wire 3800HGV-B - USA

Slingcatcher/ipad/sling for Mac - Malaysia

My Slingbox Pro HD has had some problems, but i think i got them resolved. Now i got a question. I have run through the slingbox setup, selected the remote, setup internet viewing no problem. Now my Att Uverse remote doenst show up on my slingcatcher menu? It just shows about 12 differernt opitions for the colored buttons? Even on the website it doesnt show the correct Att Uverse remote, it just shows the standard remote? Can anyone advise how to get the remote to show up on slingcatcher? or is this something i will have to live with.

Cheers.

Jesse

• Re: Att Uverse Remote not showing up on Slingcatcher menu?
          alanrichey42 Master

Not sure what you are getting at here with the Slingcatcher menu ?   The Slingcatcher has always had just the on-screen displays for OPT.   Can you be a bit more specific ?

And if Sling haven't got around to designing a realistic image for your specific remote it will always show the default, basic one.

ACC629043

Previously i could use the "opt" button on the supplied slingcatcher remote and could acess shortcut buttons to the Att Uverse DVR box. (ie recordings, on demand, etc). Now i dont have that opition and only have several unassigned colored buttons. I never used the colored buttons before on the remote, but thats all the opitions i have now. I have to go through a round about of accessing the stb. Its not the end of the world, i just liked the convience of the 1 button to access the menu, etc. I guess i can always just program the colored buttons. Just curious why its back to the default menu for the shortcut buttons.

thanks...

alanrichey42 Master

OK, I see what you are getting at now.  All that has happened is that during a recent update Sling must have altered the database so that whatever you selected is accessing a different set of codes and a different image.   You could file a complaint but I don't think it will help.  I would try rerunning the video sources setup a few times with some alternative selections that are close to your device and see if any of them work properly.  Alternatively I can always build you a Custom Remote that we can 'tweak'.