4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 10:25 AM by mobby3 RSS

Receiving Slingbox on TV?

mobby3

Have installed Slingbox in my house in UK and receiving programmes in the US on my laptop but would like to receive them on my TV. Any suggestions?

Many Thanks

• Re: Receiving Slingbox on TV?
          trivers1979 Newbie

Hello mobby3,

Thanks for using our answers forum! I understand that you're interested in viewing your Slingbox on your remote TV. I would recommend using SlingPlayer for Connected Devices.

Here is a link from our support site with additional information on this SlingPlayer:

Let me know if this helps, or if you have any other questions or concerns!

Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

mobby3

Thanks for replying to my request regarding receiving programmes via slingbox on my TV. When I went onto the answers provided I noticed that Slingplayer for Connected devices was suitable only for US based Slingbox, yet mine is set up in London.

Will it still work? Also, and please forgive my lack of technical knowledge, does the Slingplayer need to connected to the receiving appartus or the transmitting one. I told you it was a stupid question!!!

Thanks

Mobby3

trivers1979 Newbie

Hello Mobby3,

Thanks for the quick reply. Actually that is a very good question, and the answer is yes you can use the connected device overseas and to my knowledge vice versa. I know people that have used the Boxee Box, and the WD live overseas. Those are not your only options, but they seem to be more popular with consumers. I am not sure I understand the last part of your question, but the connected device is usually set up at the remote location. You can always Contact Us at 877-GO-SLING so that we may answer any questions you may have in more detail.

Hope this helps!

Feel free to reply back with any other questions you might have!

Cheers,

The Sling Moderation Team

mobby3

Thanks for helping me. Despite not fully understanding the last part of my message you answered my question perfectly. I can now pass on the information to my son who lives in Manhattan.

For your information, my wife and I have bought our son lots of presents over the years, even cars, and he says the best present he has ever had is Slingbox!!!!!

Well done.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Mobby3