9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2010 10:40 AM by megayoda RSS

I can not find IR code for Himedia HD100

megayoda

Would anybody know the IR code for a HiMedia HD100 DVR?  I have tried all the custom codes given in sling assistant but none work

Any Help would be appreciated

• Re: I can not find IR code for Himedia HD100
          alanrichey42 Master

Hi

I don't have any of the HiMedia boxes in my Custom Remote collection so I will try and build you one.  Can't do it now though as I am on holiday without my 'learning' kit.   Back on Sunday

Al

megayoda

Thank you Al for the quick response and sorry to trouble u on holiday!!  I am just so glad that some one has even heard of Himedia and has a solution to my problem.  No rush so take ur time and once again thanks for the reply

alanrichey42 Master

I 'hope' I have a solution   The way I build Custom Remotes is to load the device onto my Harmony Universal Remote and use that to 'mimic' your original remote and then 'learn' the codes.   I have done that first stage and your device was recognised in the Logitech database.  So provided it uses a supported IR Protocol (95% of devices do) then I should manage.  Fingers crossed !

Next post Sunday.

alanrichey42 Master

OK, here is a test remote.   Let me know how you get on.

Al

megayoda

The Sling box is in Hong Kong and I am in UK and so I will need a little bit of time to try and get some one to help me install the files in Hong Kong!!

Thank you so much for ur help Al and as soon as I can get the files installed and tested I will let you know how I get on.  Once again thanks for your help

alanrichey42 Master

You don't need to be there to install the remote.  It can be done remotely.  I regularly update my USA remotes while in the UK.

Just run Slingplayer and Setup Assistant from where you are.

Al

megayoda

Thanks Al so much for your help, I have managed to get the remote working with your clear instructions in the readme file.  The only problem at the moment is that when i press the arrow key the arrow on the screen jumps 2 spaces instead of going onto the next icon.  Is this to do with the timing of the signal?

Forever in your debt

Ray

alanrichey42 Master

Good, glad it's working.  I'll upload it to the JP1 File section.

The bad news is that I don't think there is anything I can do about the 'double-jump'.   I have been asking for advice from Sling for months about this but they haven't replied.

As I understand it from working with Logitech and their Harmony Universal Remotes, when you tap a button the signal is actually sent more than once to ensure the device receives it.  Now most devices have quite a long inter-key delay built in (the time they wait after receiving a signal before they will accept another one) so they only react once to a multiple set of commands.  But some devices are more sensitive and have a short inter-key delay, so if, for example, the Sling remote sends 4 repeats, then the device reacts to the 1st one, but then also reacts to the 4th one.

Now Logitech allow you to vary the repeat between 0 and 5, so you can 'tweak' the remote for your device.  Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, the repeat value for Custom Remotes is fixed by Sling internally in the Slingbox and we have no control over it.

Sorry

Al