5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2014 12:52 AM by tcaradonna RSS

Multi Viewers

kshankland

Can more than one person log into the same account to watch at the same time? In other words can my wife watch TV on her iPad while I watch the same TV program on my iPad?

Thanks,

Keith

• Re: Multi Viewers
          tcaradonna Novice

No.  One stream, one player.

kshankland

I thought so but thanks for confirming it to me.  I just hooked up my first Slingbox yesterday.

It's to bad you can't veiw from multiple devices.  Even if you had to buy multiple app's it would be worth it at times.

tcaradonna Novice

I suspect there are some legal complications involved with duplication of streams.  Consider the case of paid content, which would result in a buy one get one free situation.  You can understand why SlingMedia probably wouldn't be able to do this without breaking some laws.

FamLarsson

Hi,

Is it possible to login on two different iPads that not have the same apple-id? I know that you cant watch it at the same time but is the Slingbox account connected to the apple-id?

For example; my wife stream from Slingbox to her ipad with her apple-id in the morning and at night I want to stream from the same Slingbox account but to my ipad with my apple-id, is it possible?

tcaradonna Novice

I believe yours is more of a SlingPlayer rather than SlingBox question.

I think the answer should be yes.  The issue you are asking is do you need to purchase 2 copies of SlingPlayer for iPad?  I believe if you own the app, you should be able to download it on to all the devices you are logged into.  Once the app is on your device the login authentication for slingbox itself is a separate process.