5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2014 6:36 PM by ducksoup RSS

No Power

uppervright

My Slingbox Pro HD has no power. What happened?

• Re: No Power
          chakkarinen Apprentice

It is possible that the power adapter on your SB Pro-HD has failed.  Many other owners have reported this problem.  If your SB is still under warranty, then Slingbox will replace it for free.   If your Slingbox is no longer under warranty, you can purchase a replacement from Slingbox or from several third party sources.   Search the forum for threads about "power supply" to find some of the vendors who sell compatible devices -- if you go third party, you want to insure that the replacement power supply is rated to deliver at least 4 amperes of electrical current at 5 Volts DC.   The model that I keep as a backup spare for my SB-Pro-HD is 5V/4A Regulated Laptop Power Supply, model PWR1316, which I purchased at the website bgmicro.com for about $8.

Lynsey Newbie

Hello uppervright,

Thank you for posting in our online answers forums! I am sorry to hear that your Slingbox is no longer getting any power. This can be caused by a few things so I want to make sure you've exhausted all troubleshooting steps before you replace your power supply or Slingbox itself.  Please follow the troubleshooting steps below.

• Make sure that your Slingbox is plugged directly into a wall outlet and that you're not using any surge protectors, extension cords or power strips.
            • Try a different power outlet.
            • Check the connection from the power supply to the Slingbox and make sure it is secure.
            • Hold your reset button down, on the back of the Slingbox, for 10 seconds. 

If none of these troubleshooting steps work, then I would start by replacing the power supply. If that does not resolve your issue then you will need to contact us so we can run a scan on your Slingbox's serial number and give you all your options at that time. Power supply's can be found on our web site. I hope this helps and if you  need any further assistance please feel free to reply.

Cheers,

Sling Media Moderation Team

ducksoup

I have the same issue with my Sling-Pro-HD.  It was working fine until a couple days ago.  Then, no power at all.  I put a meter on the AC adapter jack and read 5V DC.  So I think the problem is inside the box.  Is there anything I can do?

I did all the steps in the previous message with no luck.