2 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2010 11:40 AM by ArizonaSackbut RSS

pay once or twice for cell phone & itouch downloads

Thitsa Newbie

do I have to pay for the software twice if one is going on my blackberry & one on my i touch?

• Re: pay once or twice for cell phone & itouch downloads
          Resist Newbie

There is no such thing as an iTouch.  It's called the Touch or iPod Touch.

• Re: pay once or twice for cell phone & itouch downloads
            ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

Hi Thitsa,

do I have to pay for the software twice if one is going on my blackberry & one on my i touch?

Yes, you'll have to buy two different licenses for your Blackberry and iPod Touch.

Here's a support doc that covers this:

http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-1000194.html

And here's a related thread that covers your question on different types of phones and iThings:

https://community.sling.com/message/2696

If you're planning on using SlingPlayer Mobile (SPM) on multiple devices, it's definitely worth your time to read those two links.  However, the quick version is this:

- If you buy a license from iTunes, it'll only work on your iThings- you can't transfer the license in or out from other brands.  However, I believe you can authorize all of your iThings that are tied to your computer and iTunes account.  For example, an iPod and iPhone could both use it with one purchased license.

- If you buy a license from the online Sling Store, you can transfer it between any supported phone brand/OS except Apple iThings.  The first link above covers how, and SPM will only be authorized on one device at a time.

Hope this helps,

- Az