4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 11:45 AM by mikew1 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Slingbox pro

mikew1

My slingbox pro keeps losing its data signal every few minutes then regains it

I have checked all the cables and done a factory reset

Anyone any idea what the problem could be

It has worked fine fine for several years

• Re: Slingbox pro
          keith.sling Apprentice

Hello mikew1,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the answers forum! I understand that your Slingbox PRO is losing connection every few minutes and I do apologize for any inconvenience. There could be a few different things causing that issue. You do mean the PRO and not your PRO-HD, correct? Have you tested the port you are using on the router with any other devices? Have you tried another ethernet cable? Have you tried power cycling the router? Could I have the serial number of your Slingbox?

Please respond with additional information, we'll be happy to assist you further!

Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

mikew1

Thanks for the response

I have narrowed the problem down to the interface between my Netgear router and sling link

The sling link keeps,losing the network and Ethernet connection

Not sure why or what to do

Regards

Sent from my iPad

keith.sling Apprentice

Hey mikew1,

Thanks for the reply back. I'm glad you were able to further isolate the issue here. You can test the SlingLinks by plugging them into the same outlet (without ethernet) and the link lights should illuminate. How long have you owned the SlingLinks?

Hope this helps, reply back if necessary!

Cheers,

The Sling Moderation Team