3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 4:59 PM by keith.sling RSS

No Throughput to TV

greg2424

Hi All,

First post on here (I think, lol)

I'll try and make this as detailed as possible, but it's been ongoing a while so I might have forgotten a few points.

We have always run our TV throguh the Slingbox SOLO (for some reason, the resolution fills the screen better).  Some time ago I noticed that the sound had stopped working and that there was nothing except the odd crackle every 20 seconds or so. 

I believed the issue was cable related as I undertook a "trial and error" expedition with my cables and found that the cables (RWY) from SB to TV were not functioning.  I was of the belief that the SB should still have worked via the internet if I switched the cables from SKY to TV to SKY to SB instead.  However, when I plugged the network cable in and tried to get access via my laptop, I could not get any signal......I "believe" it might have said it couldn't be found, but I would have to re-check if that's an important factor in finding a solution.  I (perhaps naively) figured that by replacing the faulty cables, everything should start working again.....I went and purchased them today, but the issue is still outstanding.

I guess on the face of it, the power light is on.  The "network" light doesn't respond in any way when I plug in the network cable in.  There is no throughput from the SB to the TV (which ti me indicates no output), but the same cable from Sky to TV is fine.

As I'm typing this, I wonder if a factory reset might be in order (if this is worth trying, some guidance on how to do this would be good), but would be most grateful for any advice.

NB - My Sky is actually Virgin, but easier to use SKY to shorten.

• Re: No Throughput to TV
          keith.sling Apprentice

Hello greg2424,

Thanks for using our answers forum here! I'm sorry to hear of your trouble with the SOLO. I would definitely try a factory reset and this will hopefully restore your network connection. It's odd that you say the signal isn't passing through to your TV though because as long as the Slingbox has power, it should pass the signal. With that being said, I would still try a hard reset first here.

This link should assist you with restoring your Slingbox to factory default settings:

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

The Sling Moderation Team

greg2424

Hi There

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction RE the factory reset.

However, this does not appear to have helped.  I held down the reset button for 20 seconds (it says 5-10 secs should suffice) and the power button remained solid and nothing flashed at all on the front of the device.  There is still no change with the current status of the slingbox.

Any further advice?

Many Thanks

Greg

keith.sling Apprentice

Hey greg2424,

I'm sorry to hear that my first suggestion didn't resolve the issue. It sounds like there may be an issue with your power supply unit. You can contact us at 1(877) GO SLING to troubleshoot the issue further or purchase a replacement power supply right from Slingbox.com.

Here are the links to contact us or purchase replacement parts from our site:

Hope this helps!

Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team