11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2010 3:31 PM by Mikewar1986 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

No sound

frazieroad

It seems everything is connected correctly, but I am not getting any sound.  ANY suggestions????  

• Re: No sound
          lynxGordon

Same here, everything connected the right way, still no sound..Most likely a bug in the latest firm ware..?

cl771446@albany.edu

Same issue here.  I can watch video on internet but there is no sound

eferz Expert

Couple of questions.

If you're using the audio output pass through from the Slingbox, does it have an audio signal?  Sometimes set-top boxes have a remotes that allow you to control its output.  Unfortunately, from my experience the volume/mute on the virtual remote from the Slingplayer controls the Slingplayer and not the set-top box itself.

Also, are you're using a digital audio output output to a stereo receiver?  it is possible the set-top box has disable the analog audio output.

The best test for either condition is to check if the Slingbox is receiving an audio signal from the set-top box.  Since the Slingbox can only rebroadcast what it receives.

Renald

hi  i had the same problem  and by going in window sound mixer

the sound was off  next to the slingbox application

turn the sound on  and  this solve  my problem

Renald

check  you  Window sound mixer

Mikewar1986

I went to  the sound mixer which seems to adjust levels to different frequencies according to the type of sound. I could not find any slingbox on/off. Pls advise exactly where the slingbox control is on the sound mixer. thanks

eferz Expert

soundmix.jpg

I believe he's talking about the above picture.

You might want to double check the audio ouput that the Slingbox is receiving since it can only rebroadcast what it "hears".  You may have to raise the volume or toggle the mute of your set-top box with its physical remote, since the Slingplayer's virtual remote only controls the Slingplayer.

The other place to check is the Setup Assistant.  In the Picture & Audio Settings you have the ability to set the master volume for each video source. Also, if you have a Slingbox Pro or Pro-HD with the digital inputs then you'll have an addional option to select between analog and digital inputs.

audiosetup1.jpg

audiosetup2.jpg

Mikewar1986

sorry for not getting back sooner but the answer was the mixer which for sling was on mute. I just was able try it today as I was using another sliing account and was just now able to get back to the account where I had no sound. Meantime I was using the internet direct connection. Thanks again.

Alan Warshower

Mikewar1986

Have same problem and tried to call tech help for 3 days at various times but no one answers. May be a general problem.

Mikewar1986

BTW if I go to the slingbox page using my ID and connect there instead of with the program on my compu, I get sound an video.

eferz Expert

Sounds like you're able to get Sound & Picture from the Web Slingplayer, and only Video from the Slingplayer Desktop,

Take a look to see if there's differences with the audio encoding.  The Slingbox will encode audio in either AAC, PCM, or WMA...

From the Slingplayer Desktop, hold down [Alt]&[Shift]+[i] to get your stats below.

stat-app.jpg

From the Web Slingplayer, hold down [Ctrl] while clicking on the picture to get.

stat-web.jpg