3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 1:49 PM by teneo RSS

video connection

teneo

hi all,

setup between by tv box (Scientific atlantic explorer 4250HDC) and my slingbox 500 is fine and when prompted i can view video on the little preview screen during setup. but when setup completes and i go to liveTV i get check signal cable. I have standard component going from the cablebox to the sling and HDMI from the sling to my tv with a cat5 converter between the sling and my tv.

any ideas?

thanks

tom

• Re: video connection
          Lynsey Newbie

Hi teneo,

Welcome to our online answers forums! First off, I am a little concerned with your setup and think this is the issue. You stated that you've component cables going from the cable box to the Slingbox and HDMI from the Slingbox to my TV. Is this correct? If so, we want the same type of connection going from the output on the Slingbox that is going into the input. For instance, you've component cables going from your cable box to your Slingbox, then we want to run another set of component cables from the Slingbox to the TV.

Below are some links that might better assist you.

I hope these articles helps. If not, please feel free to respond and we will be more then happy to assist in any way we can.

Thank you,

Sling Moderation Team

teneo

well HDMI in and out, i get error HDCP-019. believe it's on time warners end but not sure. TV is a new insigna flat screen. had to do with HDCP

Lynsey Newbie

Hi teneo,

Thank you for your reply. The HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Copy Protection) can be bypassed by removing your HDMI cord completely from your set top box and Slingbox and using component cables instead. Sometimes you might have to reset your set top box after that change has been made if you still receive the message. Please see the link below for some more information.

Removing that HDMI cord should resolve any issue you're having with that HDMI cable, but feel free to reply is any further assistance is needed.

Thank you,

Sling Moderation Team