1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 10, 2013 3:32 PM by AdamJohnson RSS

NeoTV HTTP Error Unable to connect to your network

Slogo

This is posted in the 'Boxee like devices' location because Slingbox is only 3 weeks old on NeoTV, so I expect others will have similar issues with their setup.

1. With the NeoTV on and sucessfully connected to the internet, starting the Slingbox app causes this error: 'Error Unable to connect to your network....' on 4 out of 5 connection attempts to connect.

2. When Slingbox succeeds in connecting it displays this error: 'Error No Slingboxes were found (code:5)' and the 'OK' button shows.

3. Clicking OK leads to a menu with 3 options: Directory, Settings, Help

4. Clicking Directory which results in the error:  'Error No Slingboxes were found (code:5)' again

5. A Slingbox account sign-in form appears (although I had not signed out)

6. Re-entering the password can only be done with the NeoTV onscreen keyboard as the physical remote control keyboard beeps with each letter pressed but doesn't enter them into the form.

7. Pressing 'Login' connects to the account and results in:  'Error No Slingboxes were found (code:5)' again.

8. Going to the Slingbox.com site and clicking on 'Watch' starts the 'Initialising' timer wheel then logs out and presents the logon screen. 

9. After Logging on again the 'Initalising' wheel appears again, then 'Loading Setup' and then the error 'We can't find a Slingbox We're searching for a Slingbox, but can't find one on your Network, or in your Sling Account...     Click here for more information'

10. Clicking 'here' for more information, opens a help forum window on the topic 'Windows 8 plugin lag' but I can't see how this relates to my problem.

11. Meanwhile I can't exit the Slingbox.com Watch page with the error: ' 'We can't find a Slingbox We're searching for a Slingbox, but can't find one on your Network, or in your Sling Account...     Click here for more information', because the 'Settings' and 'Directory' buttons don't respond.

12. The only way to exit the page is click on the 'Products' or 'Support' tabs.

13. Clicking the 'Watch' tab again sets the 'Initialising' wheel going again logs out the session and presents the logon screen, looping back to step 9 above.

I would love to get this working - any suggestions?

• Re: NeoTV HTTP Error Unable to connect to your network
          AdamJohnson Newbie

Hello Slogo,

Thank you for reaching out to us using our online Answers Forum. I can understand the issue is you cannot connect to your Slingbox. I would be glad to assist you with this issue. It sounds like the Slingbox might not be properly configured with your account. The best course of action would be to factory reset the unit and the reconfigure it. Now depending on your Slingbox model would determine which website you go to, to configure it. With the new Slingbox 350 or 500 go to newwatch.slingbox.com while on the same network. With any other model go to setup.slingbox.com while on the same network.

Here is the reset link to assist you:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

The Sling Media Moderation Team