3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 6:32 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Remote Change?

bcools

Why all of the sudden...literally overnight...did my remote get reset to the very basic black on screen remote control no matter what device I veiw my slingbox on?  It use to be one of the comcast remotes which worked perfect but this basic remote isnt nearly as helpful.  I have gone back through the setup process and it still defaults to this black remote.

The settings link on the "watch" page does not work when you are using the pop out player in safari.  I have not tried other browsers.

• Re: Remote Change?
          alanrichey42 Master

This has already been reported on the forum by a number of users (See https://community.sling.com/message/83545#83545, or do a Forum Search for 'changed remote')   It looks as though their recent database update broke the link between the Comcast DCT 6416 and it's image. 

I assume they are working on it, unfortunately I am not sure they have the capabililty to make a quick change, so it might be a couple of months before it is fixed.

If you want an instant fix I can probably help by building a Custom Remote, if you confirm the model number of the device.