8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 7:41 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Remote needed for Humax IR1020HD

OvCollyer Apprentice

It isn't in the Sling database and I've searched the usual places.

It does exist in the Harmony database though, so hopefully Alan Richey or someone would be kind enough to knock this up for me?

• Re: Remote needed for Humax IR1020HD
          alanrichey42 Master

This uses the same codes as a lot of other Humax remotes.  Try the Humax HDR FOX 2.

In fact I happen to be experimenting with a generic Humax that gives a realistic remote.   Try this one

OvCollyer Apprentice

Cheers, will do. Many thanks.

OvCollyer Apprentice

Unfortunately it didn't work, Alan.

However, I tried the IR5410Z and a cursory test of a few buttons suggests this one will do the trick.

Happy to test a new custom one if it helps improve your generic one.

alanrichey42 Master

OK that doesn't make sense as the IR5410Z uses the same codes as the IR1020HD.   I've made a slight change to the BIN file that in theory should not have any effect, but it's worth a try.

I've also included a bare bones remote that uses the default remote image.

Better ?

OvCollyer Apprentice

Thanks, both those work just fine.

Just to check, I tried the first one again and confirmed it didn't work.

This is on a Slingbox 350.

By the way - I found that I had to choose "Reset" on the input to reconfigure it when I wanted to test another remote. What I mean is that it wasn't enough to just put in a path to a different .BIN file and click "Test" again, or hit "Back" and choose another built-in remote - this seemed to end up with a mish-mash. For example, if I first chose the IR5410Z, confirmed it worked, but then hit "Back" and then chose "Custom" and loaded the non-working S1274_PL.bin file then it still worked. However if I instead hit back a few times and clicked "Reset" on this input, and then went through, chose "Custom" and then uploaded the non-working S1274_PL.bin file then it correctly didn't work.

I hope that makes sense :/

Just mentioning it because I can see that might catch someone out! This is on a Mac using Safari.

alanrichey42 Master
                            Thanks, both those work just fine.

Just to check, I tried the first one again and confirmed it didn't work.

Just shows you, I can never stop learning :-)   Unfortunately I guess the S1274 one doesn't give you a realistic remote ?   This is something Sling did not implement in the 350/500.   But we shouldn't be surprised as we know their 'updates' always make things worse, with reduced functionality, at least they are consistent in that

By the way - I found that I had to choose "Reset" on the input to reconfigure it when I wanted to test another remote.

I know, I asked Sling why they insisted on you resetting that when you don't have to do it with older Slingboxes.  Never received an answer, so all I can think of is that it is a 'belt & braces' thing that will guarantee you start with a clean slate and not have anything left over from a previous installation.   It probably reduces calls to their Support line