1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 12:54 PM by trivers1979 RSS

Connect sling to a remote TV - how?!?!

wmsims

Ok, so I love the Sling 350 with my cable service and I can use it on my iPad and PC without a problem.  But I have a remote location where I have a TV.  How do I use the 350 with a TV (reliably).  My Xbox - nope.  I have a Logitech Revue - forget that.  Doesn't come close to working reliably.  I looked at the forums for Boxee.  Uh-uh.  For Sony - maybe.  I bought an Apple TV, but I have to dedicate an Apple device to run Slingplayer - it doesn't load ON the Apple TV.  I thought about building a Windows Media Player box - but no integrated Sling support.

So, I've tried three different solutions (Revue, Xbox, Apple TV) and have read reviews on the others and they all have issues.

Here's my question - if I want to use Sling on a remote TV and don't want to have to spend a month on message boards hacking devices to get it to work (with a remote control), is there a solution?

Thanks,

Bill

• Re: Connect sling to a remote TV - how?!?!
          trivers1979 Newbie

Hello Bill,

Thank you for using our online answers forum. There are a few options for connected devices to access the SlingPlayer on your T.V. at the remote location. It's hard to say which one would best suit you. The Xbox was never compatible as a connected device for the SlingPlayer, but the Boxee Box and Logitech revue both were. I have provided you with some links that hopefully, help shed some more light on which one would work best for you.

Here are a few links with some information on connected devices.

Hope this helps, feel free to reply with any other questions or concerns you might have.

Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team