2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 7:57 AM by trivers1979 RSS

Local TV connection only for Sling box

alfiler

I have a question regarding of the fonctioning of the Slingbox system. Can I connect remotely to slinbox without disturb people in home that are watching something else? I mean, At home, I can reserve one local TV to be connected to the slingbox in some place that I don't distub someone and let the others to wacth its prefered shows or matchs in other TV.

I'm right?, Can I do that?

Thanks,

• Re: Local TV connection only for Sling box
          trivers1979 Newbie

Hello alfiler,

Thank you for using our online answers forum. I will be more than happy to answer any questions or concerns you might have in regards to viewing your Slingbox remotely. I would need some more information to make sure I am understanding what you are asking. Are you going to be hooking up the unit to a dedicated cable box? Are you asking if you can hook up the Slingbox to the same cable box that people are going to be viewing T.V. on? What kind of Slingbox do you have? Do you have a dual tuner cable box? If you are hooking the Slingbox up to the cable box that the people at the home location would be viewing, then it would be dependent on what kind of Slingbox you have. If it's a separate cable box then you would be able to access any programming without affecting the people watching T.V. at home.

Here is a few links that might help answer your questions.

Hope this helps, feel free to reply back with any questions or concerns you might have!

Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

• Re: Local TV connection only for Sling box
              alfiler

Thank you for your quick answer. Please see below in bleu more details.

Hello alfiler,

Thank you for using our online answers forum. I will be more than happy to answer any questions or concerns you might have in regards to viewing your Slingbox remotely. I would need some more information to make sure I am understanding what you are asking. Are you going to be hooking up the unit to a dedicated cable box?

Yes

Are you asking if you can hook up the Slingbox to the same cable box that people are going to be viewing T.V. on? Yes, I understood that with other box there is not problem.

What kind of Slingbox do you have? I think to buy a Slingbox 350.

Do you have a dual tuner cable box? If you are hooking the Slingbox up to the cable box that the people at the home location would be viewing, then it would be dependent on what kind of Slingbox you have.

Do the slingbox 350 need other cable box?

If it's a separate cable box then you would be able to access any programming without affecting the people watching T.V. at home.

I’m trying to find an option that I don’t distub people viewing TV at home.

Thank you again.