1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 2:20 PM by Lynsey RSS

Should I update my Slingbox Pro

mikemcgo

I have a Slingbox Pro with firmware 1.0.11, and have been using Slingplayer 1.4.0.206 to watch it on my PC.

Things have been working fine, and I have been loathe to update anything after reading of the problems others have run into.

When I run Slingplayer 1.4.0.206 it asks if I want to update to 1.5.0.325.  If I say yes it takes me to:

http://support.slingbox.com/go/downloads

where there is a link to version 2.0.4522.  Should I stick with 1.4.0.206, try to find 1.5.0.325, or go with 2.0.4522?

I recently got a Mac mini and installed 1.0.10.272. When I run it, it says there is a firmware update available.

Should I update the firmware?  If so, should I do it from the Mac software or one of the PC versions mentioned above?

If I could get Slingplayer for Android or iPhone (on an iPad) to work that might be worth updating.

If I decide not to update is there any way to stop the software from asking about software/firmware updates?

Is the Slingbox Pro capable of the 2.x features (buffer, guide, browser access)?

It's hooked to a Tivo, so probably only the browser access would be used.

Thanks in advance!