3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2013 4:47 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Do not understand

rolfove

Sitting in Thailand with a slingbox in Sweden. From Sweden to Bangkok, we have 9.82 Mb / s uppload
      I check from Thailand to Sweden, I have 2.35 Mb / s download
      I look at the bitrate of SlingPlayer so is streeming  650-750 Kbps.
      Should not it be better. What could be wrong.
      Rolf

• Re: Do not understand
          Matt.Sling Apprentice

Hello rolfove,

You Slingbox displays upstream bandwidth (not download bandwidth) so that may explain part of the discrepancy.

This article explains in more detail how Internet connection speeds can impact viewing quality.

-Matt

rolfove

Thanks for your reply. I was not much wiser
              Are there any special things I can do to increase speed.
              Type network card, graphics card, or something?
              I think with those numbers up and down loading it should speed be higher

Rolf

alanrichey42 Master

As the moderator said, the normal bottleneck is the upload speed at the Slingbox location, in your case Sweden.  However, remember this is the Internet, not a piece of wire, so it's quite possible your signal is going around the world before getting to you, so it might be going through a server somewhere that is a bit overloaded and throttling the speed.  Your ISP might be throttling streaming video.  There is really nothing you can do to improve it, it has nothing to do with your PC/Laptop.  That is unless you have tried it with multiple computers and only one is seeing the limited stream speed ?