9 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2014 12:08 PM by glocke RSS

set-up won't recognize new Slingbox 350:

pjbrown

Morning - I purchased a Slingbox 350 last night, but after 2-hours (with slingbox tech support), slingbox.com still would not recognize the new box. They thought it was my Verizon Fios router, but I spoke with tech support at Fios and they stated that they could recognize from the router the Slingbox that was attached. The computer I'm using is a Macbook Pro, and I tried going through the set-up on slingbox.com via Saffari, Chrome, and Firefox - all to no avail.

Does anyone have thoughts as to what may be screwing up what I thought was supposed to be a fairly simple process? If it is potentially the Macbook, I do have an old Dell laptop that I can pull out for this. All the "basic troubleshooting" things i've done (it's plugged into the wall, not a power surge protector; we've reset the box, the router, etc.). The Power and Network lights are solidly lit up.

Appreciate any help any of you can offer

• Re: set-up won't recognize new Slingbox 350:
          trivers1979 Newbie

Hello Pjbrown,

Thank you for using our online answers forum. I am sorry you are having issues going through and getting your Slingbox 350 setup. We would need a little bit more information to help troubleshoot your issue further. I would definitely recommend trying another computer to run through the setup.

Here is a link to make sure you are meeting the minimum requirements.

Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

iruthven

I've got this same problem. Have you found a solution?

No matter what I do, I can't detect my new slinbox 350.

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello iruthven,

Thank you for using the answers forum! I'm sorry to hear you are unable to get the Slingbox to locate on your network. I would first recommend resetting your Slingbox to factory settings and seeing if that resolves the issue. If that does not, we will need a bit more information.

• Is the Slingbox hardwired to your router?
                • Is your computer connected to the same network as the Slingbox?

Here is a link to an article that tells you how to reset the Slingbox to factory settings:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

iruthven

Unfortunately I purchased the device right before leaving on a month long trip. It is physically attached to my router. I tried hard resetting while at home but it did nothing. I tried changing the network cable, ports, etc. as well as unplugging both the router and device. No luck. I'm pretty good with technology, so I'm 100% sure it is setup right. I can even ping it on the network and I get a response. The network light on the device turns on initially and then turns off after about 30 seconds, even though, like I said I can detect it on the network by pinging it. I believe the device must be defective.

My computer is connected to the same network.

I do have remote access so I can still diagnose from a distance - just not do any hard resets.

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello iruthven,

Thank you for replying! It sounds like there very well may be a hardware issue with the Slingbox. I would recommend contacting Sling Media Technical support. Technical Support will troubleshoot the issue and if necessary, replace whatever may be defective.

Below is a link to a page on our website that gives you all of our contact information:

Have a great day!

Cheers,

glocke

I have had exactly the same issue with the 350. I have a slingbox solo which works perfectly and am replacing it on exactly the same system with the 350. However the set up is not working and I have tried everything suggested on the web to remedy including a 1 hour discussion with Slingbox support , the conclusion being it was probably a hardware problem. So I went out and bought a new unit. Surprise surprise I have had the same issue. The network is seeing the 350 but it will not allow me to set it up, error message "You Slingbox is not currently accessible, etc" or occasionally "error W200". It is clearly not a hardware issue but a network one. When I plug my old slingbox solo back in it works perfectly. HELP. THIS IS DOING MY HEAD IN! I am using a Macbook to do the set up.

Guy