1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 19, 2013 8:48 PM by aX18q177uE RSS

Disgruntled Customer - Slingbox 14 Months Old & Dead!!!!!

whodey513

Since there are no email addresses for me to send this message to, I'm posting here. My Slingbox has recently decided to only power on for 10 to 20 seconds before it shut right back down. The power light goes on, the network light goes on and sometimes the upside down U will light up. Then it immediately shuts back down. Conveniently my warranty expired last 11/5. The only thing that phone support has offered me was to tell me to purchase one of their power supplies from their website which "might" fix my issue. If that doesn't work then they will nicely offer me an out of warranty replacement for nearly 3/4 of the original retail price (retail price from 2 years ago).

Essentially I purchased a product that lasted not even a year and a half and the only thing they can offer me is to purchase more of their defective products. My Slingbox's activation date was 11/6/11. It's been 14 months!

Slingbox, not only am I an upset customer, you better believe I won't be buying another one of your pieces of junk if this is how you treat your customers!

• Re: Disgruntled Customer - Slingbox 14 Months Old & Dead!!!!!
          aX18q177uE

I HAD A PRO HD BOX THAT IS ALMOST 2 YEARS OLD.I AM HAVING A CONFLICT MANAGER EVER TIME I VEW MY PLAYER ABOUT EVERY 5 MINUITES. THEY ASKED ME TO PAY FOR SERVICE THAT I DID. THEY STILL WON'T FIX THE ISSUE. AFTER YOU PAY FOR THE DEVICE, THEY WON'T SERVICE IT.THIS HAS HAPPENED EVER SINCE I PURCHASED THE PRODUCT. IT IS GREAT WHEN IT WORKES FOR AT WORK, BUT I HAVE TO RECONNECT EVERY 5 MINIUTES.