2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 12:19 PM by keith.sling RSS

Problem connecting new box solo to router

Finnie67

I recently purchased a new slingbox solo as the old one broke down after about 3 years.  I am haing trouble connecting to my router for internet viewing and the troubleshooting requests my router username and password.  The other otion is to put the router make and model type in but the options don't include my router model type.

Anyone able to assist?

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Problem connecting new box solo to router
          keith.sling Apprentice

Hello Finnie67,

Thanks for participating in our online forum community here! I do apologize for any inconvenience you're experiencing setting up your Slingbox SOLO. You may need to reach out to your router manufacturer or your internet service provider to obtain your username and password to gain access to your router's admin page. If your exact model isn't listed in our Network Setup Assistant, you can generally select a similar model and that should work for you.

Here is an article from our support site with additional information on using our Network Setup Assistant:

Another site you can check out for manual router configuration is portforward.com, it should provide step by step instructions on setting up port forwarding on your router for the Slingbox as well.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

• Re: Problem connecting new box solo to router
              Finnie67

I will try this thanks.  i previously had a SOLO purchased in 2009 I recall I called a helpline and the girl logged in remotely to help set me up is this an option still? ThanksPaul

Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 12:13:45 -0800

To: paul_finnigan@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: - Problem connecting new box solo to router

Slingbox Answers Forum

Problem connecting new box solo to router

reply from KWhit in Networking your Slingbox - View the full discussion

Hello Finnie67, Thanks for participating in our online forum community here! I do apologize for any inconvenience you're experiencing setting up your Slingbox SOLO. You may need to reach out to your router manufacturer or your internet service provider to obtain your username and password to gain access to your router's admin page. Another site you can check out for manual router configuration is portforward.com, it should provide step by step instructions on setting up port forwarding on your router for the SLingbox as well. Hope this helps! Regards,     The Sling Moderation Team

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Networking your Slingbox at Slingbox Answers Forum