4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2013 1:23 PM by Ditch RSS

I have not been able to connect to my Pro-Hd for almost a year.

Ditch

Months ago I think around Feburary 2012 when the last update was available for the iPad, ever since then, no matter what I do, I cannot connect to my PRO-HD. Neither from my home network nor away from home.  I cannot connect and always get the same error message:

SlingPlayer Mobile for iPad is not Compatible with your Slingbox.  Please visit www.slingbox.com to learn more about our upgrade program.

I have spent months on and off looking for a solution.  I have already tried the syncing with iTunes and then deleting the app, and then re-installing, it doesn't fix it.

What makes no since is that I also have the seperate paid app for iPhone and it works fine.

Any help?

Sean

• Re: I have not been able to connect to my Pro-Hd for almost a year.
          trivers1979 Newbie

Hello Ditch,

Thank you for using our online answers forum. I am sorry to hear your having issues getting connected to your Ipad. It's hard to say what could be causing the issue without some more information. Do you have the latest firmware on your Slingbox? Have you tried running the Internet Viewing setup on Setup.Slingbox.com, and if so do you get the message Internet viewing is ready? If you get any other message than that, you would have to manually go into your router and do a port forward. Have you tried resetting your Slingbox and going back through the setup?

Here are some links that might help you troubleshoot the issue further.

Hope these help, if you have any other questions or concerns feel free to reply back.

Cheers,

The Sling Moderation Team

Ditch

My Firmware: 2.1.370

• Name:Ditch's Slingbox
            •                                                                   

When I try to go thru setup Internet Viewing it gets stuck in a loop.  I verify my settings at:

and then  when I run the test it goes right back to theInternet Viewing Setup is almost complete screen.  It never tells me it passed or failed.

trivers1979 Newbie

Hello Ditch,

Thanks for replying back to our online answers forum. If your getting the message Internet Viewing is almost complete, tells me that the Slingbox is not able to go through and automatically configure itself to your router. Basically you will have to manually go in and do a port forward, as long as you only have one router in the house, you should only have to do it once. You would need to use one of four ports for the Slingbox, 443, 5001, 5002, 8080. Once you have gone through that and completed the port forward in the router, you would need to go in and make the necessary changes on the Internet viewing page and then test it to make sure Internet Viewing is configured properly. You can try using portforward.com, it's a website that can help walk you through doing the manual port forward.

Hope this helps!

Please Feel free to reply back with any more issues.

Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team