3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 7:13 AM by trivers1979 RSS

**HELP** There was an error connecting to your Slingbox. Please try again

sidneymng

I had an old router with comcast cable and forward my port 5201 and i could view the sling box outside of my house like at work or starbucks.

Then i purchased a new Apple Airport Extreme, and fowarded the port 5201 correctly, tested out the port http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and its open.

BUT i recieved a message when trying to view the slingbox out side of my house, i get an message; "There was an error connecting to your Slingbox. Please try again"

My iphone app works, but trying to watch it online slingbox.com it gives me the error,

Please help thanks

Slingbox Info

Slingbox Name: My Slingbox

Slingbox Software Version: 01.01.052

Internet Viewing

Set Up Complete: Yes

Slingbox Public IP Address: 107.X.XXX.XXX

Slingbox Private IP Address: 10.0.1.2

Slingbox Port: 5201

MAC Address: 001XXXXXXXXXX

Slingbox Access Info

Activation Date: 12-20-2012

Last Update Recieved: 01-08-2013

• Re: **HELP** There was an error connecting to your Slingbox. Please try again
          trivers1979 Newbie

Hello Sidneymng,

Thanks for reaching out to us through our online forums! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues connecting to your Slingbox outside of your Home network. To make sure I am understanding correctly, you can connect to it on your Iphone outside of the home network, just not the web-based platform on a Mac or PC correct? Have you tried using different browsers and/or computers? Did the issue start after getting the new Apple router?

Here is a link from our support site that might help you further.

Hope this helps, feel free to respond back if you have any more issues.

Kind Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

• Re: **HELP** There was an error connecting to your Slingbox. Please try again
              sidneymng

I had the Linksys WRTG45 router before and opened the port 5201 and  everything worked, including web based platforms, was perfect.

Then  i switched the router to Airport Extreme, open the the port 5201,  checked the port and it is indeed opened, My iphone App works with the  3G or LTE AT&T network,

However a web-based platform on a Mac or PC will NOT work saying "there  was an error connecting to your Slingbox. Please try again" i tried  muliple computers and multiple webbrowser, still no luck. The sling box is already connected WIRED to the rourter reciveing a newtwork connection,

I dont need to reconnect the router internet and connection is fine, i also dont need a wireless bridge

please help, NFL playoff is on saturday and despersalty need help lol