0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2013 4:20 PM by wizof103 RSS

Issue connecting to Slingbox

wizof103

I used to have Verizon DSL. I changed over to Time Warner. I though  my upload speed was the reason that I was loosing my connection with my  sling box. Right now I have Time Warner 30 mps Up and 5 mps Down. Now I  tried after getting this newer high speed to connect to my sling box. I  had the same results. Comes on for about 5 to 10 seconds and then it  will not re-connect. I think now it is a Router/Modem issue. I just  purchase a Motorola SURFboard SBG6580 Wireless Router/Modem.

I  have tried several times to run through the setup. Have reset the Sling  box device and have reset my modem. Now when I go through setup, I type  in a new password, confirm it and then continue. It takes me 2 or 3  times to get through the setup, because I loose connection and I must  start over again. If I get completely done with the setup, and I try to  watch TV, to connect to my Slingbox, it asks me for a password. The  password I just changed will not work. I have to try and  configure  again.

Thank you in advance.